I can't believe summer is just about over. Only a few more days and my little guy is off to first grade. First Grade! Summer seemed to slip by so quickly. In a blink of an eye our summer began and ended. I can't complain though, aside from the problems I had with this lovely space of mine, we had a great summer. Filled with warm days full of activities, vacations and lazy days around the house. And so with that, here I share with you our summer through Instagram. (you can follow me at lisarenata)
This summer we:
- relaxed on the hammock and enjoyed our new pool when ever home.
- celebrated the little ones birthdays with a pirates and mermaids theme pool party. Lots of prepping and making went into it. It was fun. (A future post to come.)
- spent the fourth of July at grandpa's farm, exploring, learning and moving slowly.
- enjoyed the fruits of our edible garden, which sadly didn't do so well this year. But the chiles did and they keep on coming.
- picnicked outdoors as often as possible.
- ran around between piano lessons, swimming lessons and baseball practice/games.
- ate out more than I though possible.
- enjoyed ice cream...a lot!
- celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary by the two of us escaping to a local lovely island and watched my first eastern sunrise on the beach. It was breathtaking and romantic.
- got new hair cuts. She insisted on having her hair short just like mami, so I obliged. She looks beautiful.
- discovered local bistros and coffee shops.
- spent a week with a friend and her kids in the lovely Massanutten Resort up in mountains. Two mamas and four kids sure makes for an adventurous vacation. We survived (and so did the kids.)
- drove through our first safari ever. It was so much fun!
- enjoyed lazy days indoors.
- squeezes some sewing and crafting here and there.
- visited the lovely city of Indianapolis for the first time. Fell in love with it. Very clean and artsy.
- took the kids to their first baseball game.
- found little "me" moments when ever I could.
Yes, a lovely summer indeed.
How was yours?